Spinach Patty is a nutritious finger food that can be served as a starter or a tea time snack. These patties can also be used in burger, sandwiches or even kathi rolls and packed in your kid’s lunch box. It is made by combining chana dal, paneer and spinach. Its a great idea to add spinach to your kids’ diet who otherwise sneak past veggies.
Promotional Note – Also, visit my page to see reviews/feedback on my kitchen products/tools, click here -> ‘My Kitchen Products‘
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 16 Patties
- Spinach, cleaned and chopped 300 g
- Chana Dal 100 g
- Green Chilliies 2 – 3 ( you can increase or decrease the quantity as per your taste)
- Black Pepper Powder 1 tsp
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Paneer 100 g, grated
- Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Roasted Besan (Bengal Gram Flour) 2 – 3 tbsp
- Cashew nuts 10 – 12, chopped
- Raisins 1 tbsp, chopped
- Chironji 1 tbsp
- Oil to fry
- Soak chana dal for two hours. In a pressure cooker, take soaked chana dal and 3/4 cups of water. After first whistle, simmer and cook for another two minutes. Once the pressure drops, transfer the chana dal in a bowl and mash them well.
- Grind together spinach and green chillies into fine paste. Heat oil in a pan, add jeera and spinach paste. Cook till all the moisture has dried up.
- Add the mashed chana dal and paneer. The mixture will become gooey gain. Cook till it dries up completely. Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Add salt, pepper powder, garam masala, roasted besan and dry fruits. This mixture should be as stiff as a puri dough.
- Divide them into equal balls and shape them into small round patty.
- Shallow fry or deep fry as per your choice.
- Serve them hot with your favourite chutney and salad.