Its a simple, quick and delicious snack that has a delightful combination of noodles and paneer. These balls with crisp outside and soft inside is a real treat to taste buds at anytime. Boiled potatoes, noodles and spinach paste are mashed together with different spices and are stuffed with paneer. Instead of deep frying, I have used appe pan to cut down calories. With this stuffed noodle cutlet, pack your favourite ingredients into a quick and easy recipe that makes them desirable again.
Promotional Note – Also, visit my page to see today’s deals in amazon and also reviews/feedback on my kitchen products/tools, click here -> ‘My Kitchen Products‘
- Noodles 50 g, boiled (you can take atta noodle)
- Potatoes 3, boiled
- Spinach 15 leaves, boiled without water and ground to paste
- Bread 1, crumbled (optional)
- Paneer 50 g
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder 1/2 tsp
- Dry Mango Powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Kitchen King 1/2 tsp
- Chaat Masala 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilli 1, finely chopped
- Mash together boiled potatoes, noodles, spinach paste, 3/4 tsp amchoor powder, 3/4 tsp red chilli powder, kitchen king masala, chaat masala, green chillies and salt.
- In another bowl, take paneer cubes and coat them with 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp amchoor powder, salt and roasted cumin powder.
- Divide the noodle – potato dough into equal sized balls. Flatten them, place a paneer cube in the centre, bring the edges together and seal them tightly to give them shape of ball.
- Brush very little oil in the cavities of appe pan.
- Place the balls in the cavities, cover with a lid, simmer and cook till the bottom of the balls turn brown.
- Flip and cook again for some time. If you like to deep fry, add a slice of brown bread (powdered in a mixer) and then proceed.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.
In this recipe I have used appan pan (above, see the picture 4 to 6), I have also posted my feedback for this item in my page ‘My Kitchen Products‘. If you are interested to buy this item, please click on the link below (Amazon India)-