This is an excellent side dish that goes well with lunch as well as dinner or even by itself.They are easy to make too. Potatoes are baked, hollowed out, stuffed with some interesting filling and again baked with some grated cheese on top. Cheesy butter melting on top makes these potatoes downright mouthwatering. Their flavourful filling goes nicely with any kind of chutney or dips. If you like potatoes, you will love this.
Promotional Note – Also, visit my page to see reviews/feedback on my kitchen products/tools, click here -> ‘My Kitchen Products‘
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Potatoes 2, big
- Green Peas 1/4 cup
- Sweet Corn 1/4 cup, boiled
- Jeera 1/4 tsp
- Hing a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Green Chillies 2-3
- Chaat Masala to taste
- Olive Oil 1 tsp
- Butter 2 tsp
- Refined Oil 2 tsp
- Cheese 2 tbsp, grated
- Chilli Flakes 1 tsp (optional)
- Lemon Juice 1/2 tsp
- In a pressure cooker, take potatoes and water and turn the burner on high. Once you hear the whistle, reduce to low and cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Once the pressure comes down, take the potatoes, prick them 3 – 4 times with a fork and rub them with olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake them in a preheated oven at 180 C for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Take them out and let them cool completely. Remove the skin and carefully scoop out the middle of the potato. Mash this potato pulp well. If you like to have it with skin, do not remove it.
- Heat refined oil in a pan, add jeera and hing. Once it stops crackling, add green peas and cook till they turn soft.
- Add mashed potatoes, salt, pepper, chaat masala, green chillies, boiled corn and lemon juice. Mix well, keep it aside and let it cool.
- Rub some butter, salt and pepper on the hollowed potatoes. Stuff them with the filling and sprinkle some pepper and chaat masala on top.
- Sprinkle little grated cheese and chilli flakes on top and place them on a baking dish or tray. Bake again in a preheated oven at 200 C for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.