Sabudana khichdi is a very delicious dish that is served as breakfast and also as fasting food for festivals. This wholesome meal is prepared by combining tapioca with potato and peanuts. Tapioca is a good source of protein, which helps with muscle building, healing and strengthening. Potatoes are a good source of vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. Peanuts contain health benefitting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for optimum health.
Preparation Time: 2 -3 hours
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Sabudana 2 cups
- Roasted Peanut Powder 1 cup
- Potato 1, boiled and cubed
- Cumin 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies 2
- Curry Leaves few
- Hing(asafoetida) 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder 1 tsp
- Rock Salt to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
- Coriander Leaves 2 tbsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Soak sabudana for 2-3 hours or overnight. Take water just enough to cover the pearls or it may turn soggy.
- Add roasted peanut powder and mix well. Keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry cumin till they crackle and change their colour. Add green chillies, fry for a minute and then add curry leaves and hing.
- Add potatoes and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Now add sabudana-peanut mixture, salt, chilli powder and saute till they look translucent.
- Add lemon juice, coriander leaves and mix. Do not cover with lid while they are hot. Serve immediately.