These cutlets are very easy, made with very few ingredients and can be had as an appetizer or evening snack with tea. They are made by combining raw papaya with boiled chana dal and few other ingredients. Raw papaya helps you lose weight, beat diabetes, improves digestion, prevents vitamin deficiency, relieves constipation and menstrual pain. Chana dal is low in fat, high in fibre and helps to lower cholesterol. It’s a combo that’s sure to satisfy and that will fuel your busy life.
Promotional Note – Also, visit my page to see today’s deals in amazon and also reviews/feedback on my kitchen products/tools, click here -> ‘My Kitchen Products‘
Preparation Time: 2 hours
Cooking Time: 15 minute
Servings: 10 Cutlets
- Raw Papaya 100 g, grated
- Chana Dal 1/2 cup, soaked for two hours
- Besan, roasted 1 tbsp
- Onion 1, finely chopped
- Green Chilli 1, finely minced
- Coriander Leaves, finely chopped 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
- In a pressure cooker, take chana dal and water (very less, just to cover the dal) and keep on high flame. After first whistle, simmer, cook for a minute or two and then switch off the flame. Once the pressure drops, cool and mash them well.
- Cook the grated raw papaya in boiling water for 5 – 10 minutes and then strain.
- In a deep bowl, take all the ingredients and mix them well.
- Divide the mixture into equal shaped balls and mould them into desired shape.
- Shallow fry or deep fry as per your choice.
- Serve with any hot chutney of your choice.