Mushrooms are good source of protein, vitamin C, iron and selenium, an antioxidant mineral. Buttery mushroom flavour blends well with potatoes making this soup hearty and warming.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Boiled potatoes (medium) 1,grated
- Mushrooms(sliced) 50 g
- Garlic cloves (crushed) 1 to 2
- Vegetable stock 2 cups
- Celery/coriander(finely chopped) 1 tsp
- Dash of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic in a dash of butter. Add grated potatoes, 1 cup water and boil it till it becomes smooth.
- Add the vegetable stock and sliced mushrooms. Boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and coarsely ground pepper.
- Garnish with finely chopped celery or coriander.
- Serve with some butter.