Wonderful, thick and tasty, this healthy smoothie recipe easily substitutes for your morning breakfast. If you exercise, then it can easily be consumed as your post workout meal as well. Oats can lower cholesterol and protects LDL cholesterol from damage. Banana are a good dietary sorce of potassium and magnesium, two nutrients that are essential for heart health. Dates are very high in iron content. Flaxseed is a good source of protein and also improves your immune system. Almonds cotain a high dose of good fats and are also good source of protein. Honey is known to be an antioxidant powerhouse. It also boosts the immune system. Milk offers a rich source of calcium, a mineral essential for healthy bones and teeth. So start your day off with a bang with this nutrition packed smoothie recipe.
Preparation Time: 7 minutes
- Milk 150 ml, chilled
- Bananas 1
- Oats 2 tbsp
- Dates 2, chopped
- Flax seeds 1 tsp
- Almonds 8
- Honey 1 tsp
- Take a pan and dry roast flax seeds. When they crackle, cover them with a lid for few seconds and then remove from fire.
- Now add almonds and roast till they take some colour. Transfer them on a plate.
- Add oats and roast again till they turn light brown. Do not burn them.
- Keep them aside and allow them to cool.
- Blend together all the ingredients to get a smooth drink. Serve in a tall glass.