Multan is a bustling city in the Punjab province of Pakistan and like every other Pakistan city, has a drool worthy culinary history. The Multani Mushroom is one such preparation from Multan. Mushrooms are not only good for immunity but are also helpful in weight loss. Try your hand at this zero oil recipe that makes for a great presentation and you can enjoy without guilt.
Promotional Note – Also, visit my page to see reviews/feedback on my kitchen products/tools, click here -> ‘My Kitchen Products‘
- Mushrooms 12
- Methi, finely chopped 2 tbsp
- Spinach 12 – 15 leaves, blanched and pureed
- Paneer 50 g, grated
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curd 100 g
- Garlic – Green Chilli Paste 2 tbsp
- Kasoori Methi 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala 1/2 tsp
- Skewers 2 – 3 (soaked in water for two hours so that they don’t break while breaking)
- Wash, clean and remove the stalks of mushroom. Mix together palak, methi, paneer and salt and stuff them in the cavity of mushrooms.
- Add turmeric, salt, garlic – green chilli paste, chaat masala and kasoori methi to the curd and mix well.
- Dip the mushrooms in the above curd mixture and skewer them in water soaked skewers.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180 C for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Serve hot.