Masoor dal contain high levels of protein, iron, fibre, folate, vitamin B1 and minerals. It helps to lower cholesterol also. Masoor dal is highly served in the form of soup by adding vegetables like onion and tomatoes. They make a perfect hearty winter meal when combined with some salad and bread.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Masoor dal 6 tbsp
- Tomatoes 1, chopped
- Onion 1, sliced
- Olive Oil 1 tbsp
- Garlic 6 cloves, crushed
- Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, chilli powder and saute for few more minutes.
- Add masoor dal and tomatoes. Saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add salt, mix and saute for another minute.
- Add 3 cups of water, put lid and cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the soup to cool, then blend to get a smooth puree.
- Strain through a sieve.
- Transfer to a pan and let it boil for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.