This dal recipe is made by combining masoor dal with vegetables like cauliflower and carrot. Its a very quick, wholesome and satiating side dish and tastes heavenly with hot phulkas. Masoor Dal contains high levels of protein, including essensial amino acids isoleucine and lysine. Carrots are rich source of beta-carotene and fiber. Cauliflowers contain an impressive array of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other phytochemicals.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Masoor Dal 1/2 cup
- Onion 1, cut into roundels
- Cloves 3-4
- Cauliflower 1 cup, cut into florets
- Carrot 1, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Oil 1tbsp
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Jeera 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder 3/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder 1/2 tsp
- Amchoor Powder 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice of half a lemon
- Soak masoor dal in enough water and keep aside for thirty minutes.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add cauluflower, carrot and cloves. Saute for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add salt, turmeric and three cups of water. Cover with lid.
- Switch off the flame after you hear the first whistle blow. Allow the cooker to cool naturally.
- Once it cools down, collect the ingredients for tempering.
- Heat ghee in a tadka pan. Add jeera, coriander powder, garam masala and amchoor powder.
- Now add coriander leaves and chilli powder.
- Immediately pour over the cooked dal. Mix well.
- Squeeze some lemon juice and transfer them in a serving bowl.
A very scrumptious recipe Lipika! Will definitely try it out.