The best thing about summers are mangoes, the king of fruits. Mango Sago pudding is a Chinese dessert that consists of thickened mango shake with added cooked sago pearls. Its a healthy and filling recipe, good for kids. Makes a very tropical and summery treat! Try this fantastically easy recipe and win the heart of mango lovers.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Milk (full fat) 1/2 ml
- Sugar 8 tbsp (you can increase or decrease the amount of sugar according to the quality of mango)
- Mango 2, chopped
- Sago 1 Cup, soaked for an hour
- Cherries and Dry fruits to garnish
- Take milk in a pan, bring to boil, simmer and cook till the quantity is reduced to three fourth of its original volume.
- In a blender, take half of mango, sugar and one fourth of milk and process till smooth.
- Add the remaining milk and blend again.
- Cook sago pearls in three cups of water till they turn soft and look transparent. Allow them to cool.
- Mix the cooked sago with mango milk mixture.
- Take a bowl or cup, arrange mango pieces and sago – mango mixture alternately. Garnish with cherry and dry fruits.