This mouth watering delicacy of kashmir is full of flavours and style. It has a special flavour without having onion, tomatoes and garlic. Tastes good without curd also and can be served as a starter before dinner. The raw banana is a good source of fiber, vitamins and minerals, and contains starch that may help control blood sugar, manage weight and lower blood cholesterol levels.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 8 Vadas
- Raw Banana 2
- Ginger Paste 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies 2-3, minced
- Coriander Leaves, chopped 2 tbsp
- Kashmiri Garam Masala 1/2 tsp
- Amchoor powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curd, whisked 1 cup
- Chilli Powder 1/4 tsp
- Roasted Aniseed Powder 1/4 tsp
- Roasted Jeera Powder 1/4 tsp
- Hing, roasted 1/8 tsp
- Bread Crumbs 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder 1/4 tsp
- Peel off the outer skin of green bananas, trim the ends and make slits on opposite sides.
- Take water in a pan, let it boil and then place the bananas in the boiling water. Cover it with a lid and let it cook for 15- 20 minutes.
- Transfer the bananas to a bowl and discard the liquid. Remove the peel and mash them.
- Add ginger paste, green chillies, coriander leaves, kashmiri garam masala, amchoor powder, salt and bread crumbs.
- Mix well and mould them into oval shapes.
- Deep fry till they turn golden brown. Transfer them on kitchen towels.
- Serve them in small bowls. Pour curd over them and sprinkle some salt, hing, jeera powder, aniseed powder, chilli powder and coriander powder.