Raw Jackfruit Cutlet is a delicious Kashmiri recipe that can be served as a starter before dinner. These kababs almost taste like shami kababs. Tender Jackfruit is steamed with chana dal and cinnamon, then coarsely ground to paste and then combined with different spices and shaped into patties. These can either be deep fried or shallow fried and served with ketchup or mint chutney.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 17 cutlets
- Jackfruit 300 g, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Chana Dal 60 g
- Cinnamon 1/4 inch stick
- Onions 2, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli Powder 1tsp
- Kashmiri garam masala Powder 3/4 tsp
- Amchur Powder 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder 1 1/2 tsp
- Ginger Paste 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves 2 tbsp
- Bread Crumbs (optional)
- Oil to fry
- Put chana dal, jackfruit and dalchini in a pressure cooker, pour in 1 1/2 cups of water and boil till they are soft and dry.
- Once cool, grind them into paste.
- Fry onions and ginger paste.
- Mix them in with all the spices, salt and coriander leaves.
- Add this to the ground jackfruit and dal and form into kababs, round, oval or long.
- Shallow fry them in batches and once they turn golden brown on both the sides, remove them on paper towels. Alternatively, you can cover them with cornflour or breadcrumbs and deep fry till they are uniformly golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.
Today I prepared Jack fruit cutlet. ….my kids liked it too much….it was very very tasty….Thanks Lipika for sharing the recipe.
Deepti, Thank You So Much for trying out the recipe..