Irani paneer is a complete dish that is made by combining various vegetables like spinach, cauliflower, carrots, green peas and capsicum with paneer. Spinach has abundance of Vitamin K, Vitamin A, magnesium, folate, calcium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B2, potassium and VitaminB6. Cauliflower is a very good source of choline, dietary fiber and omega-3 fatty acid. Most of the benefits of carrots can be attributed to their beta-carotene and fiber content. Green peas are one of the most nutritious leguminous vegetables rich in phytonutrients and vitamins. The Vitamin C in capsicum encourages immunity and prevents cell damage. Paneer is good for bone health and is rich in protein.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Paneer 100 g, cubed
- Spinach(blanched and pureed) 1 cup,
- Cauliflower 1/2 cup, broken into small florets
- Carrot 1 small, finely chopped
- Capsicum 1/2, finely chopped
- Green Peas 1/2 cup
- Onion 1, medium
- Ginger 1 inch
- Garlic 4-5 buds
- Tomato 1 big, pureed
- Cardamam 2
- Cloves 4-5
- Dalchini(cinnamon) 1 inch stick
- Bay Leaf 2
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder 1/2 tp
- Garam Masala Powder 1 tsp
- Green Chillies 2
- Everest Kitchen King 1 tsp (optional)
- Salted Butter 1 tbsp(optional)
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Grind together onion, ginger and garlic into fine paste.
- Clean, wash and chop the spinach leaves. Blanch them and make a fine paste with green chillies.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan, fry the paneer cubes and once they start browning remove them in a pan containing hot water and salt.
- Add cauliflower and fry for 3-4 minutes on low flame. Add the remaining vegetables and again fry for five minutes on slow fire. Now remove the vegetables from pan.
- Again , take 2 tbsp of oil and add whole dry spices and bay leaves. Saute for few seconds.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic paste.
- Add dry spices. Fry for a minute, sprinkling water in between so that the masalas don’t get burnt.
- Once they are well fried, add palak puree.Fry for 5-6 minutes.
- Now add tomato puree. Fry till the raw aroma goes.
- Add the vegetables, mix and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add two cups of water and salt. Bring it to boil.
- Add fried paneer cubes, lower the flame, cover with a lid and cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Garnish with some kitchen king masala and a blob of butter. Cover again with a lid for five minutes so that all the aromas of spices and butter is well absorbed by the curry. Serve hot.