Green Peas Dhokla is a delicious Gujarati snack made by adding green peas puree to the regular khaman dhokla batter. Green Peas are excellent source of protein and fiber and so adding this to the batter increases the nutritive value of the dish. It also imparts a beautiful green colour that makes it more appealing to the kids. Its a very easy and quick recipe that can be made in a jiffy and can be easily packed for your kids’ snack box.
Promotional Note – Also, visit my page to see reviews/feedback on my kitchen products/tools, click here -> ‘My Kitchen Products‘
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Besan (bengal gram flour) 1 cup
- Green Peas Puree 1 cup
- Ginger – Green Chilli Paste 1 tsp
- Sugar 2 tbsp, powdered
- Citric Acid Crystals 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Fruit Salt 1 1/2 tsp
- For Tempering:
- Mustard 1 tsp
- Til (Sesame) 1 tsp
- Green Chillies 2, finely chopped
- Hing (asfoetida) a pinch
- Curry Leaves a few
- For Garnishing
- Coconut, grated 1 tbsp
- Coriander, finely chopped 1 tbsp
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except the fruit salt. Add water and mix well to make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Add fruit salt or eno and pour two teaspoon of water over it and mix well. Do not beat it too hard.
- Pour it over a greased plate and shake it clockwise to spread the batter into an even layer.
- Steam it for 4 – 5 minutes if you using a microwave. On gas stove, it will take 10 – 12 minutes. Once it is done, keep it aside and let it cool.
- For tempering, take oil in a small pan. Add mustard, sesame, green chillies, curry leaves and hing. Remove from fire and add one tablespoon of water, stirring continuously. Pour it over the dhoklas.
- Garnish with coriander and coconut, cut into squares and serve with peanut chutney.