Green Mango Chutney is an authentic bengali chutney and is a favourite among them. This is a traditional recipe of raw mango chutney and is straight from my grandmother’s kitchen. In this recipe, sugar is being substituted with jaggery which adds to its health quotient. Roasted fennel imparts a nice flavour and chironji lends a nutty crunch to this tangy chutney.
Preparation Time: 1 1/2 hour
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Raw Mango 2 1/2 cups, cubed
- Jaggery 1 cup, grated
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Fennel 1 tsp
- Chironji 2 tsp, roasted
- Soak the mango pieces in salt and water for atleast 1 1/2 hour.
- Transfer the mangoes (with water) to a pan and cook on medium flame till they turn soft and syrup is reduced to half of its original volume. It takes around fifteen minutes.
- In another pan, roast fennel seeds till they turn light brown in colour.
- Crush them to a coarse powder.
- Transfer the chutney to a serving bowl and garnish with crushed fennel and roasted chironji.