The pulao is made with daliya, moong sprouts and seasoned with pure ghee and fresh mint leaves. Daliya or bulgar wheat is a good source of fibre, protein, iron and Vitamin B6. Moong sprouts are high on protein, low in fat and have high fibre content. Made with minimum ingredients, this pulao is ridiculously easy to prepare. This mouth watering pulao makes a complete meal for your breakfast as it is so self contained in terms of flavours and ingredients.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Daliya 1 cup, soaked for 30 minutes
- Onion 1, sliced
- Ginger-Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Green Chillies 2, slit
- Bay Leaf 1
- Pepper Corns 5-6
- Cloves 3-4
- Cumin 1/2 tsp
- Moong sprouts 1 cup
- Oil 1-2 tbsp
- Ghee 1-2 tbsp
- Fresh Mint 2 tbsp, chopped
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin, cloves, pepper corns, bay leaf and green chillies.
- Fry onions till brown, add ginger garlic paste and chilli powder. Saute for two minutes.
- Add daliya, again saute for a while.
- Add 2 cups of water, let it come to boil, cover with a lid and simmer.
- Cook till all the liquid dries up.
- Add sprouts, cover again just for a minute.
- Open the lid, add mint leaves and drizzle some ghee. Switch off the flame, cover and let it rest for five minutes.
- Add some lemon juice. Serve hot.