This soup is a good way to combine dal and vegetables giving benefits of protein from dal and vitamins from vegetables. Use of luxurious full fat coconut milk yields a decadent, silky soup.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Olive oil 1 tsp
- Rajma 10 g
- Chana Dal 10g
- Yellow Moong Dal 10g
- Carrot 1/2, cut into stripes
- French Beans 8-9,cut into half inch pieces
- Tomatoes 2,pureed
- Coconut milk 50g
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Vegetable Stock 300 ml
- Soak rajma, chana and moong dal for six hours.
- Take dal in a pressure cooker and cook till three whistles.
- Transfer in a grinder and blend to puree.
- Take a deep pan and add oil to it.
- Saute carrot and french beans for 1 min.
- Add one cup of water, simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix 250 ml vegetable stock or water, dal puree, tomato juice, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
Cook for 7-8 minutes. Stir in between.
- Transfer in soup bowls and garnish with some coconut milk. Serve hot.