Very simple yet delicious, this soup is a nice creamy blend of broccoli and milk. Broccoli is known to be healthy and tasty vegetable which is rich in dozens of nutrients. Try this soup to supplement your diet as it is both filling and healthy.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Onion, sliced 50g
- Broccoli chopped 250g
- Vegetable Stock 100g
- Bay Leaves 2
- Mace Strands 2
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wheat Flour 10g
- Ghee 1 tsp
- Milk 100g
- Grated Cheese 30g
- Heat oil in a deep vessel, add onions and broccoli. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, mace strands and vegetable stock. Cover with a lid, simmer and cook for 8 minutes till the vegetable turns soft. Remove bay leaf and mace strands.
- Once cooled, transfer the mixture into a mixer and blend to a smooth puree. Mix salt and pepper as per your taste.
- In a separate pan, take ghee and roast some wheat flour till it gives a nice aroma.
- Add milk to the flour and pour it over the puree. Mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, stir in between. You can adjust the consistency by adding more stock.
- Transfer into bowls, garnish with grated cheese and chilli flakes(optional). Serve hot.