Rich, aromatic and tangy flavored, this soup not only satisfies your taste buds but also gives lot of health benefits. Chicken combined with vegetables is cooked in chicken stock and thickened with ghee fried wheat flour. A must try recipe to warm up in winters.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Olive Oil 1 tsp
- Garlic cloves 2
- Green chilli 1,crushed
- Oil 1/2 tsp
- Vegetable or Chicken Stock 500 ml
- Coriander Leaves 2 tbsp,finely chopped
- Fish sauce 1/2 tsp(skip if vegetarian)
- Boneless chicken or Tofu 50 g
- Carrots and Beans 50 g,finely chopped
- Egg white 1(again optional)
- Salt and lemon juice to taste
- Take one tsp olive oil and saute garlic and green chillies in it for one minute.
- Add vegetables, Tofu/Chicken pieces and then saute further for 2 min.
- Add stock and boil for 10 min.
- Add salt. Turn off the gas and add coriander leaves.
- Just before serving, bring it to boil and add fish sauce.
- To thicken the soup, in a small pan heat little ghee and fry the wheat flour.
- Once you get nice aroma, add the flour to soup. Stir well. Add the beaten egg as well.
- Add lemon juice as per taste. Vegetarians need to do away with fish sauce and egg ; the soup tastes delicious without them too.