This elegant and delicious snack is absolutely filling and comes packed with carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerlals. This is a healthy version of potato basket where grated potato is cooked in appe pan, filled with stuffing of broccoli and paneer and garnished with cheese and mixed herbs. Broccoli improves digestion, helps in natural detoxification and makes you look younger. For garnishing, you can also use grated paneer instead of cheese.
Promotional Note – Also, visit my page to see today’s deals in amazon and also reviews/feedback on my kitchen products/tools, click here -> ‘My Kitchen Products‘
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 9 – 10
- Potatoes 3, big size
- Broccoli 50 g, grated or chopped in hand chopper (Cauliflower can also be used in place of broccoli)
- Paneer 2 1/2 tbsp
- Onion 1, finely chopped
- Ginger – Garlic – Green Chilli Paste 2 tsp
- Pudina, chopped 1 tsp
- Coriander, chopped 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala 1 tsp
- Besan (Bengal Gram Flour) 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice few drops
- Bread Crumbs as required (optional, if deep frying)
- Cheese, grated 3 tbsp
- Red Chilli Flakes 1 tsp (optional)
- Oregano 1 tsp (optional)
- Grate the potatoes, wash, marinate them with salt for fifteen minutes and keep aside. Squeeze out all juices, mix in little more salt, pepper and besan. Take a small ball from this mixture and keep it on the cavity of greased appe pan. Take one pestle and press it against the ball so that the ball acquires a cup like shape. Simmer, cover with a lid and let it cook on slow fire. Size of the ball should be such that it covers three fourth volume of the cavity.
- In another small pan, heat some butter and add onions.
- Once they turn pink, add ginger – garlic – green chilli paste. Saute till raw aroma goes off.
- Add paneer and saute for a minute.
- Now add broccoli, salt, chaat masala, garam masala powder, pudina, coriander leaves, lemon juice and cook for two more minutes.
- Fill the cups with this stuffing and continue to cook.
- Check the bottom of the cups. When they are almost done sprinkle some cheese on the cups. Again cover with lid and cook till the cheese melts.
- Transfer them on serving plate and garnish with red chilli flakes and oregano. Serve with some hot chutney or ketchup.
In this recipe I have used appan pan (above, see the picture 4 to 6), I have also posted my feedback for this item in my page ‘My Kitchen Products‘. If you are interested to buy this item, please click on the link below (Amazon India)-