No one can deny the health benfits of a vegetable sandwich. This vegetable grilled sandwich is made by assembling lots of vegetables and cheese that keeps you full for a long time. Its a good start on a week day and can be easily carried to work or school.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Servings: makes 4
- For Chutney:
- Corriander leaves 1/2 cup
- Mint Leaves 1/4 cup
- Green Chilli 1
- Cumin 1/2 tsp
- Black Salt to taste
- Sugar 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice few drops
- For Sandwich
- Bread Slices 4, sides trimmed
- Potato 1, boiled and mashed
- Capsicum, finely chopped
- Onion 1/2, cut into roundels
- Tomato 1/2, cut into roundels
- Cheese Cube 1, grated
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala 1/2 tsp
- Butter 4 tsp
For Mint Corriander Chutney:
Take a blender and make a paste of all the ingredients required to make the chutney. Add very little water or else it may make your sandwich soggy.
- Take two bread slices and apply some butter on it.
- Next, smear mint coriander chutney generously on both the bread slices.
- Mix together mashed potato and capsicum with some salt.
- Apply a layer of the above on the bread slices.
- Keep roundels of onion and tomato on them. Sprinkle some salt and chaat
masala. Top them with cheese.
- Cover them with another slice of bread.
- Set you tawa on gas stove. Apply butter on it.
- Keep sandwiches on it for grilling. Apply butter on the top slices.
- Flip after some time. Make sure both the sides turn nice golden brown.
- Cut into triangles.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.