This is a simple recipe made with til, peanuts and jaggery. Black sesame seeds are a good source of energy due to high fat content. They contain healthy fats, fiber, iron, magnesium and phosphorus. They are also abundant in calcium and zinc that keeps your bones strong. They can help in curing constipation due to the high fiber content and unsaturated fatty acid content. Peanuts are rich in MUFA that helps to lower bad chloesterol and increase the level of good cholesterols. Unlike sugar, jaggery has a distinct flavour which complements the other ingredients beautifully.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 26 laddus
- Black Til 1 Cup, washed and dried under sun
- Peanuts, roasted and deskinned 1/3 Cup
- Jaggery 1 Cup
- Water 1/2 Cup
- In a deep pan, roast sesame seeds till they give out nice aroma.
- Spread them on a flat surface. With the help of a rolling pin, crush them as much as you can. You will get nice nutty flavour of roasted sesame seeds.
- In another pan, boil water, mix the jaggery and let it melt. Cook on the medium low flame till the syrup thickens a bit and the volume reduces to almost half of its original volume.
- Now add peanuts and sesame. Mix well.
- Let the mixture cool down a bit. Apply some ghee on your palm and mould them to laddus when the mixture is still hot as it will tend to become hard if cools down completely.
- Keep them aside for 30 minutes to get cool and its ready to serve.