This lovely deep red coloured beetroot soup is nutritious, creamy and delicious too. Beets are high in immune boosting vitamin C, fiber and minerals that are essential for healthy nerve and muscle functions. They are also good for bones, liver, kidney and pancreas. Addition of coconut gives a rich creamy feel where as mixed herbs and red chilli flakes impart a nice flavour and spiciness to the other wise sweet soup. This recipe uses no cornflour or heavy cream for thickness. Apple, beets and coconut together provide all the goodness, flavour and body to the soup.
Promotional Note – Also, visit my page to see today’s deal’s in amazon and also reviews/feedback on my kitchen products/tools, click here -> ‘My Kitchen Products‘
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Beetroots 4, boiled and chopped
- Red Apple 1, chopped
- Ginger 1 inch, grated
- Garlic Chopped 1 tbsp
- Onion 1, chopped
- Olive Oil
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder 2 tsp
- Pepper Powder 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Stock / Water 2 cups
- Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves few
- Coconut Milk 1/2 cup
- Lemon Juice few drops
- Mixed Herbs to garnish
- Red Chilli Flakes to garnish
- Ghee 2 tsp
- bread Croutons (optional)
- Heat two tablespoon oil, add ginger, garlic and onions. Fry onions till they turn light brown.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and pepper powder. Saute for a minute.
- Add chopped beetroots and apple and saute for another five minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and salt, bring it to boil, simmer, cover with a lid and let it cook for ten minutes.
- Once done, allow it to cool and blend in a mixer.
- Again, take one teaspoon of oil and add mustard seeds. Let them crackle. Pour the beetroot – apple mixture, passing through a strainer. Adjust the consistency and seasonings if required.
- Add coconut milk and bring it to boil.
- In a small tadka pan, heat some ghee and add curry leaves.
- Pour this tempering over the soup. Mix well.
- Transfer the soup in soup bowls or cups, squeeze some lemon juice and garnish with mixed herbs, red chilli flakes, coconut milk and bread croutons (optional). Serve hot.
In this recipe I have used wonderchef granite cookware (above, see the picture 1 to 9), I have also posted my feedback for this item in my page ‘My Kitchen Products‘. If you are interested to buy this item, please click on the link below (Amazon India)-