Baked Mishti Doi is a creamy dessert of hung curd, fresh cream and condensed milk, baked in oven safe moulds (kept in water bath) and then chilled. If you’re looking for a showstopper dessert but want minimal effort, give this Baked Mishti Doi a go. Topped with pista, almonds and flower petals, it’s full of festive colours. One of the easiest dessert that you can create within thirty minutes to celebrate raksha bandhan. It can be made in advance so it’s one less thing to worry about over the festive season. Quick and super easy to make, this recipe is not to be missed.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Hung Curd 1/2 Cup
- Fresh Cream 1/2 Cup
- Condensed Milk 1/2 Cup
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Almonds 1, slivered
- Pista 2, slivered
- Flower Petals few
- Vanilla Essence few drops
- In a bowl, take fresh cream, hung curd, condensed milk and vanilla essence and blend till smooth.
- Heat a small pan, take sugar and one tea spoon of water and stir fast on high flame till you get golden brown colour. Do not overdo or else it may turn the curd bitter.
- Pour it immediately on the curd – cream – condensed milk mixture. Mix well.
- Transfer the above into the oven safe bowls or moulds and garnish with almonds, pista and rose petals. Now to make a water bath, take a baking tray or plate, fill it half with water and keep the bowls in it.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180 C for 15 minutes. Serve chilled.