Parfait is a cold dessert made usually of ice cream and fruit, any syrup with whipped cream on top. Here, it has been done little differently by using half frozen coconut milk instead of ice cream and liquefied date palm jaggery in place of store bought syrups. As the name suggests, strawberry and chickoo has been used for the fruit layer.
Promotional Note – Also, visit my page to see today’s deals in amazon and also reviews/feedback on my kitchen products/tools, click here -> ‘My Kitchen Products‘
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Coconut Milk (thick) 1/2 cup
- Date Palm Jaggery 1 tbsp (melted with 1 tsp water on fire) / honey
- Chickoo 1, washed, peeled and sliced
- Strawberry 1, washed and sliced
- Brownie 1 small piece
- Choco Chips 1 tsp
- Mint Leaf 1 small sprig
- Keep the coconut milk in deep freezer for 4 – 5 hours. Once it is half frozen, blend it with liquefied date palm jaggery (save some for garnishing) with the help of a fork or milk frother.
- Keep a small piece of brownie in the glass and cover it with half of the above blended mixture.
- Layer it with chopped strawberry and chickoo. Again cover it with remaining coconut – dates jaggery mixture.
- Garnish with one slice each of strawberry and chickoo, some choco chips, mint leaves and liquefied date palm jaggery.