The soup is very easy to prepare and loved by kids also. Sweetness of carrots and onion is beautifully balanced with spices and corriander leaves. Carrots are good source of beta-carotene and fibre. They are also rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K and folate. So warm up your dinner table with this kid approved healthy soup.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Carrot 650g, cubed
- Onion 1, finely sliced
- Garlic 6-8 cloves, crushed
- Corriander leaves 1cup, roughly chopped
- Butter 2tbsp
- Bay leaf 2
- Black pepper 1tsp
- Water 1.2 ltr
- White pepper 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat butter in a deep pan and add bay leaf, black pepper, onions, and garlic.
- Cook for 2 min on high flame.
- Now add carrots,coriander and water, then let it cook till first whistle.
- Once the carrots are cooked, switch off the fire and let it cool.
- Remove the bay leaves, puree the above mixture and strain.
- Boil again till you get the required consistency.
- Now add salt and pepper as per your taste.
- Garnish with coriander. Serve hot.